“Many, if not all, of the Pre-Raphaelites had their own ideal of beauty“,
The Pre-Raphaelite Online Resource gives free access to over 3000 images related to the works of artists belonging to one of the most important British art movement, including founding members William Holman Hunt, Dante Gabriel Rossetti and John Everett Millais as well as material from the broader context.
Key features of this beautiful and easy to navigate web site are:
• full record information for each image
• zoom-in function, to allow users to examine images in great detail
• browse and advanced search
• background resources on the Pre-Raphaelite movement and artists
• exemplars of learning resources, such as “Gender and Sexuality”, as well as the facility for teachers to create their own
• personal collection, a functionality which allow users to group and theme images from the collection as well as take part in online discussions
The Pre-Raphaelite Online Resource was funded by the JISC Digitisation programme and created by the Birmingham Museums & Art Gallery.