The EU recently held a meeting in Luxembourg to inform potential applicants about their the ICT Policy Support Programme.
25million Euros have been allocated to the digital libraries strand with the specific objectives of
- Developing services to improve the usability of Europeana
- Aggregating content for Europeana
- Digitising content for Europeana
- Open access to scientific information
- Use of heritage content for education
For those wanting further detail on the call, Kate Fernie produced a report on the meeting on behalf of JISC.