The JISC e-Content team has had plenty of calls and ITTs flying around recently. Here is where we are with them.
- The peer-review meeting for the JISC-NEH transatlantic collaboration grants has been held. 28 proposals were received, and these have now been whittled down to four. Assuming these four are ratified by the NEH Council in July, they will be announced at the end of July / start of August
- 47 proposals were received for e-Content 02/09 call, 19 under Strand A (Institutional Skills and Strategies) and 28 under Strand B (Clustering and Enhancing). We expect to be able to inform winners in late July
- 6 proposals were received for the call on the digitisation of Islamic Studies catalogues and manuscripts. Again, we expect to be able to inform winners in late July
- The deadline for the Digging into Data call is 15 July. Currently JISC have £200,000 available in total for this competition but are looking into ways into getting extra funding.
- Grant letters for the winners of the workshops on challenges and achievements in e-content and digitisation are currently being distributed, and the winners will be publicly announced in a week or two.
Share and Enjoy
The Strategic Content Alliance has just announced aseries of workshops across the UK that will look at the digital content lifecycle from creation to curation.
Details of the workshops can be found below, with further information on the Strategic Content Alliance’s blog.
These FREE workshops from the Strategic Content Alliance and Netskills introduce simple and inexpensive search engine optimisation techniques to improve your online presence, web visibility and website traffic.
• Maximising access and removing barriers to your content
• The importance of a structured approach to preparing content
• Content integrity and reaching the right audience
• Metadata and its significance
• Sustainable content and future proofing
• The social web and marketing
The workshops are aimed primarily at delegates from universities, archives, museums, health, public service broadcasting, schools and cultural heritage. No particular technical knowledge is required as a prerequisite.
Dates, locations and registration
10:30 Monday 29 June – 15:30 Tuesday 30 June 2009
The Mount Conference Centre – register for this workshop
09:30 Thursday 2 July – 16:15 Friday 3 July 2009
Grosvenor Hilton Hotel – register for this workshop
09:30 Monday 27 July – 16:15 Tuesday 28 July 2009
JISC Meeting Rooms, Brettenham House – register for this workshop
09:30 Thursday 30 July – 16:15 Friday 31 July 2009
Hilton Hotel – register for this workshop