Europeana – UK Conference 26th June
Do you have your collection on-line? Do you want it to be accessible to as wide an audience as possible?
If you answer ‘Yes’ to either of these questions then having your collection accessible through the flagship European portal is something you should seriously consider.
However you might not have heard of Europeana or have only just heard the name?
Therefore Collections Trust has organised a free to attend Conference for you to find out more. Here are some details:
It will take place on Friday the 26th June at the Commonwealth Club, near Trafalgar Square.
It starts at 10am and finishes at around 4pm.
Outline of the day:
Morning – Europeana Context:
* Keynote speech (to be confirmed);
* Funding in a European context (Neil Sandford);
* Europeana – What it is, why it is important and developments (from the Director of Europeana, Jill Cousins and Go Sugimoto);
* Introduction to Europeana Group projects (from various Europeana group project partners in the UK).
Afternoon – UK Opportunities:
* Examples of best practice (e.g. British Museum);
* Role of Collections Trust (Nick Poole, CEO);
* Round table (The way ahead in the UK).
Hope this wets the appetite!
If you want to attend then please e-mail Eleanor Lovegrove email@example.com